Are you interested in getting your cosmetology license? Do you live in Ohio, or are considering attending a beauty school in Ohio? If you have a great love for hair, nails, and makeup we’ve got the full guide to help take you from start to finish!
Learn how to begin school, what it takes to graduate, and what you can do after you receive your license! Ohio has a lot to offer a newly licensed cosmetologist, and at Moler Beauty Academy, we’re here to help you achieve your dream job!
Becoming a Cosmetologist in Ohio
Step 1 – Pick a School
The first thing you’re going to want to do to begin your journey in cosmetology is choose a good school. This is important because you’ll be spending between 1-2 years at your school, and you’ll want to make sure it’s a right fit. Some things to consider when choosing a school are:
- If they offer the courses you want
- If the schedule fits your needs
Do your research to find which school is going to be the best choice for your needs. Consider your future, and be ready to dedicate the necessary time to get your license!
Once you’ve made your decision on which school you’d like to attend, you’ll need to apply. When you are preparing to apply, schedule a tour, or come in and talk to the admissions department to learn more. They can introduce you to the school and show you all they have to offer. We would love to show you how the students and staff at Moler can help you foster and grow into your new future, we offer multiple start dates throughout the year, so contact us to schedule your own tour!
Figure Out the Financials
Some cosmetology schools, like Moler, offer financial aid and scholarships to students who qualify. To find out more about financial assistance options, schedule an interview with a financial aid administrator.
Complete Your Schooling
Congratulations! You’re now officially a cosmetology student! Now is the time to really work. To be the most successful in your new schooling you will need to:
- +Attend all of your classes – Each program (emphasis) within your school has a minimum number of hours to complete in order to pass. Find a schedule that works for you and stick with it. Don’t take breaks from school if you can manage it!
- +Attend extra classes whenever possible – this will help you become more proficient in what you know, as well as learn new skills. This makes you more marketable to future employers!
- +Follow all the school’s rules – Make sure you dress and behave appropriately for your classes.
- +Have fun! – Beauty school is a great place to have a great time! Many of our students at Moler Beauty Academy have made lifelong friendships and have gone on to work together after graduation. Pay attention and enjoy learning this fun and rewarding skill!
Complete Steps to Obtain Your Cosmetology License!
Once you’ve completed your hours at your beauty school, it’s time to get your license. The requirements for this are different in every state. For Ohio, you will need to take a state exam after completing your necessary school hours. To learn how to register for this exam, you can go here.
Make sure you study and practice for this exam. Though you should have gathered all the information you need to pass during your time at school, it never hurts to get in a little more experience before taking a test!
Once you’ve passed your test, you are now a licensed cosmetologist! Which means you only have one more thing to decide: what now?
Go After Your Dreams
There are many potential jobs out there for cosmetologists, but it all starts with an education! If you see yourself in a cosmetology career in the future, contact us today so we can help you plan your journey!
We hope that we’ve helped you better understand your future in cosmetology! We want everyone to be excited about their time with us at Moler, and be as successful as possible after graduation. So give us a call and we’ll help get you started on a rewarding career in cosmetology!